RUGBY GREEN COUNCILLORS WILL STAND FOR!
1. Putting Rugby First! - The Green Party has been transforming politics in towns and cities across the UK. Green Councillors have saved post offices, made streets safer, and are well known for working hard for local communities because they believe in putting the community first!
2. Greens believe Rugby could be a Green Jobs Boom Town and Protect 1000 workers jobs at Alstom in Rugby! - Rugby Green Party is concerned about the rumours (and also cuts to orders to local firms by Alstrom) of a closure threat or severe cuts back at the Alstom plant (affecting 1000 Rugby workers) – which would be a disaster for Rugby. Greens in Rugby firmly believe that this plant instead could aid Rugby to be at the very front of green technology and alternative energy production in the UK with Rugby Council and Government support.
· Instead of importing turbines and equipment from abroad -- produce them in Rugby!
· usE THE SKILLS OF RUGBY WORKERS TO BUILD TURBINES and alternative energy products!
· We beliEve 1 miilon Green Jobs could be created in the UK and Rugby workers has real skills that could be built on.
· ONly a Green Councillor has the imagination and will to demand Rugby council promote our town as a centre for alternative energy!
3. No cuts to Jobs and services – A real threat hangs over Rugby, losing core services and facing mass unemployment to pay for the Bankers Gambling Debts! Instead the Greens say; tackle the £120bn of tax evasion every year, Tax the Bankers bonuses, Scrap the money pit that is PFI and end the £100m a year of ‘charity status’ in tax relief to elitist Public Schools like Rugby School.
· Why should we be expected to pick up the tab instead of the very wealthy? The Green Party and our Leader Caroline Lucas MP are the only major political party that rejects the flawed economics of the Cuts!
4. Save St Cross and the NHS - STOP NHS Privatisation – Rugby Green Party is calling for local people to use ‘people power’ to fight the privatisation of the NHS – started by New Labour and now carried on by the CONDEMs.
5. A Sustainable, Green and Efficient Rugby – £millions a year could be saved by the local council and local people and also provide and save jobs in Rugby. BY;
o Sustainable purchasing from local groups of companies - instead of big business.
o Green and efficient generation of energy needs - by installing renewable energy technology on council buildings and similarly helping local communities to produce their own cheap and sustainable energy.
6. Cutting fuels bills by providing free Insulation for many homes in Rugby – It’s been done by other local authorities through Green Party pressure by making the utility companies pay
7. Greens demand a Health Survey –Concerns locally exist about perceptions of higher than normal cancers, blood disorders and Asthma’s in parts of Rugby.
8. Rail not Road – The Green Party wants renationalisation of the railways instead of the travel chaos that exists now! – Its also a cleaner way to move goods with 1 train = 125 Lorries in levels of carbon omissions.
9. Homes for people not rats – Rugby Greens are calling for action over the large number of empty houses that are being left to ‘rack and ruin’ – Nearly 100 just in New Bilton and 1.132 across Rugby.
· ITS A SCANDAL THAT OUR COUNCIL IS NOT TAKING URGANT ACTION TO CLEAN UP OUR STREETS AND ALSO PROVIDE HOUSING FOR LOCAL PEOPLE
10. Stop the plan to build at the Masts Site – its ill conceive, a bog standard building plan and unsustainable! If we are going to build anything at the Masts site – let it be Wind Turbines on a ‘like for like’ basis on part of the site to provide cheap electricity for local people and also give consideration to building a pleasant wooded green burial site/crematorium in the area.
A REAL CHANGE – NOT MORE OF THE SAME!
Printed and Promoted by Roy Sandison (60 Campbell St, Rugby CV21 2HZ) on Behalf of all Green Party Candidates in Rugby. email@example.com